Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello World

When you start learning programming, one of the first things you create is the code to print the words "hello world" on to the screen. That's what reading feels like to me; every new book is a new world that I am being boldly introduced into. I used to feel that exact same sense of newness and hope waking up in the morning.
Each day, I would great the sun with a naive grin. Now I can barely muster a sarcastic smirk, and I am beginning to feel that I am wasting my life on things that aren't making me happy. I keep working for what's coming next without allowing myself to appreciate next when it comes.
And in all this uncertainty, I have books. I have contemporaries and classics and urban fantasy and high fantasy. All these characters live out romantic and exciting stories, and I want to experience them.
But I also want to share these experiences. Even if it is to a nonexistent audience. Sometimes it's nice to just get the thoughts down.
So this is a book blog. I'll update (hopefully) weekly about books and book adaptations and writing and life and how muddled all these things can become.
I hope you choose to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment